Guest Services Cashier
The Gulf Breeze Zoo is seeking a motivated individual that can be the first point of contact for our guests. The ideal candidate must be friendly and inviting, while working in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs. Will be required to work weekends and holidays.
-Operating a cash register in the gift shop or at a small counter outdoors selling rides, animal feed, gifts, snacks, etc.
- Assisting in set up of birthday parties, field trips, and for other events and groups.
- Cleaning duties
- Answering phones
- Assisting visitors with questions or concerns
Past experience in customer service and/or retail a plus. This is a seasonal position, full-time and part-time positions available. This is a non-smoking facility. No visible tattoos or facial piercings are permitted.
Pay to be determined based on experience.
Guest Services Manager
The Gulf Breeze Zoo is seeking a friendly motivated individual to operate a 1863 replica Huntington train along the 30 acres free roaming preserve, while presenting an informative narration on the Zoo's animals and features.
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• No visible tattoos or piercings
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Copy of driving record required if hired
• Enthusiastic, friendly, outgoing, and great with the public
• Public speaking experience preferred
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must work weekends, holidays, and other school breaks during the hours of operation
• Must be able to lift 50lbs or more
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Assure the train and all related equipment is kept neat and clean.
• Assure rider safety by taking necessary measures to assure a train rider's behavior does not endanger themselves, zoo employees, or other train passengers.
• Assist with light maintenance including checking fluid levels, pressure gauges and making necessary adjustments.
• Perform daily safety run of train engines and passenger cars.
• Operate train controls and train switches, as needed.
• Assist our guest with mobility issues in getting on and off the train. Operate the wheelchair ramp features for passengers.
• Inspect trains prior to loading and unloading of our guests.
• Ensure trains are ready at opening time and complete train logs for each train.
Pay based on experience.
Guest Services Manager