Updated: September 2015
- Answers to Operations Manager or Zoo Director
- Responsible for vehicle maintenance and inspection
- Including quarterly oil changes and minor repair
- Responsible for train and track repair and upkeep
- Makes general construction repairs as needed throughout zoo
- Makes general plumbing repairs as needed
- Maintains clean working facilities
- Maintenance barn
- Construction areas
- Assists grounds/landscaping department as needed
- Completes projects as determined by the Operations Manager or Zoo Director
- Plumbing and general construction experience preferred.
- Must be able to adhere to our strict personal appearance requirements, no visible tattoos permitted.
- Maintain a non-smoking work environment
- Have the ability to work in all weather conditions
- Experience in using or willing to learn to use trucks, tractors, weed eaters, and other types of machinery
- Valid Driver’s license
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
Starting at 11$hr+ DOE, insurance, paid sick/vacation time and 401k options available.
Send resumes to Stephen email@example.com
We currently have part time positions open for the cafe located on site at the Gulf Breeze Zoo.
- Line cook experience preferred
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and any other school breaks during the hours of operation
- No visible tattoos or facial piercings
- Reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Food prep and service
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen area, dining room, and kitchen equipment
- Process payments; cash and credit
- Assist guests as needed
- Efficiently take orders and prepare meals in a fast-paced environment
Guest Services Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest Services Cashier:
The Gulf Breeze Zoo is seeking a motivated individual that can be the first point of contact for our guests. The ideal candidate must be friendly and inviting, while working in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs. Will be required to work weekends and holidays.
- Operating a cash register in the gift shop or at a small counter outdoors selling rides, animal feed, gifts, snacks, etc.
- Assisting in set up of birthday parties, field trips, and for other events and groups.
- Cleaning duties
- Answering phones
- Assisting visitors with questions or concerns
Past experience in customer service and/or retail a plus. This is a seasonal position, full-time and part-time positions available. This is a non-smoking facility. No visible tattoos or facial piercings are permitted.
Pay to be determined based on experience.
Guest Services Manager: email@example.com
The Gulf Breeze Zoo is seeking a friendly motivated individual to operate a 1863 replica Huntington train along the 30 acres free roaming preserve, while presenting an informative narration on the Zoo's animals and features.
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• No visible tattoos or piercings
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Copy of driving record required if hired
• Enthusiastic, friendly, outgoing, and great with the public
• Public speaking experience preferred
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must work weekends, holidays, and other school breaks during the hours of operation
• Must be able to lift 50lbs or more
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Assure the train and all related equipment is kept neat and clean.
• Assure rider safety by taking necessary measures to assure a train rider's behavior does not endanger themselves, zoo employees, or other train passengers.
• Assist with light maintenance including checking fluid levels, pressure gauges and making necessary adjustments.
• Perform daily safety run of train engines and passenger cars.
• Operate train controls and train switches, as needed.
• Assist our guest with mobility issues in getting on and off the train. Operate the wheelchair ramp features for passengers.
• Inspect trains prior to loading and unloading of our guests.
• Ensure trains are ready at opening time and complete train logs for each train.
Pay based on experience.
Guest Services Manager
- Animal Care: Daily husbandry, exhibit maintenance, supervised animal training, animal observations and diet preparation.
- Guest Interactions: Formal and informal interactions with Zoo guests through animal encounters, talks, tours etc.
- Project: All interns are required to complete a project, determined by curator.
- Research: Become familiar with zoo population management strategies, natural history, current research and conservation studies related to animals in area of internship.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must receive college credits for internship and provide proof from college adviser.
- Minimum 1 year of college with minimum 2.5 overall GPA
- Required levels of animal care experience vary between animal area placements. Interns must agree to a 10 consecutive week commitment
o At least 3, 8 hour days a week
o Longer internships are available and highly recommended
Interns will be expected and required to interact with a diverse team of animal care staff, interns and volunteers. Interns will be expected to follow direction of full time staff for their personal safety and safety/care of all animals in the area. Interns will be expected to work regular animal care schedules including weekends and holidays if applicable during placement term. This internship is a physically demanding experience and will require intermediate levels of strength and flexibility as well as the ability to work outdoors and in all types of weather conditions. Uniforms will be provided to all interns upon start of internship. Interns will be evaluated regularly by mentors on performance and knowledge. Gulf Breeze Zoo reserves the right to dismiss an individual from the keeper internship at any point during the term.
Wages: All Zookeeper Internships are Unpaid
Enrollment fee: $50.00 to be paid upon acceptance
Application deadline: Summer Term interns April 1, 2015
Fall Term interns July 1, 2015
Winter Term interns September 1, 2015
Spring Term interns January 1, 2016
Desiree at DHager@gulfbreezezoo.org